What You’ve Been Waiting For: The Bamboo Face & Body Polish
You may already be familiar with the excellent new Bamboo Face & Body Polish, but we encourage you to try a sample of this premium and eco-friendly exfoliator. Safe for both your delicate facial skin and the environment, it uses sustainable bamboo stem extract to achieve gentle physical exfoliation ideal in a spa setting. One of our in-house estheticians has provided her insights into creating an easy routine around this new exfoliator.
What Makes the Bamboo Face & Body Polish Great
Before we get to the routine and how to use it, let’s cover some of the critical ingredients that make this polish stand out.
- Bamboo Stem Extract is derived from the interior portion of the bamboo plant and provides excellent exfoliation. We avoid using any harmful plastic microbeads and instead can source our planet-friendly bamboo from sustainable sources. The bamboo granules are smaller than the exfoliators in the Walnut Body Polish, meaning they are safe for delicate facial skin.
- Oat Straw Extract and Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein calm and soothe skin to help recovery after exfoliating.
- White Willow Bark Extract provides firming and toning of skin to help with rejuvenation and create a youthful glow.
- Jojoba and Rosehip Seed Oils deliver essential fatty acids and are quickly absorbed into skin, helping it feel softer and more nourished.
- Lavender and Chamomile Distillates in low volumes add a subtle scent that calms tired minds and skin alike.
Ideas for Creating Your Routine
First cleanse with your favorite cleanser suitable for you or your customers’ skin type–a good option for any skin is our gentle but effective Green Tea Facial Cleanser.
With a still-damp face, use a dime-sized amount of the polish and apply gently in circles. Make sure to use minimal pressure and rub hands in a circular motion, covering the face, neck, and chest. Include the jaw line but avoid the eye area.
Once skin is covered, rinse off remaining polish and lightly pat dry.
At this point, use a toner to help firm and balance pH. We then recommend adding a serum followed by a moisturizer. Here are our esthetician’s top picks for these stages:
- To calm and nourish skin, we recommend the Calming Facial Toner with delicate Neroli distillate. This toner is all about balance and calming, helping skin look rejuvenated after exfoliation. Another great option for soothing is the Cucumber Facial Toner—refreshing and calming for all skin types.
- One of our favorite go-to serums is the Supreme Facial Serum—and it lives up to its name! It is loaded with youth-loving ingredients that nourish and restore, including Enzyme CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid, and vegan DMAE for extra toning. It also includes Vitamins C, A, B3, and Pro-Vitamin B5. These ingredients make for a spa-level serum.
- There are several options for a moisturizer, but one of our favorites for locking moisture and delivering a premium experience is the Rejuvenating Skin Oil. This works in concert with the Supreme Serum to deliver the finest in skincare ingredients in high doses to get real results, and it smells wonderful with luxurious Jasmine and Rose Absolutes. Some ingredients include CoQ10 and antioxidant-rich Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil, fatty acid-rich Chia Seed Oil and Camellia Seed Oil. This oil works well on the face, body, and even hair to round out a high-end routine. You can also add a standard emulsified moisturizing lotion, something like the gentle and light Cucumber Lotion or the Daytime Moisturizer.
Please feel free to add additional scents that may complement or even dominate the subtle existing Lavender and Chamomile Scents. Color could be added to this otherwise white product, and we recommend this both in treatment rooms and as part of your backbar under your own label, regardless of your type of business.
Try your sample today to help reveal vibrant and bright skin that looks great for all occasions!