Rosemint Hydration Mist – How to Make Your Own
Rose is one of the most popular ingredients in skin care, and our Rosewater Facial Toner is a bestselling product. If you’re ready to enhance and customize it, this recipe is a great way to make it your own. Rose and mint smell like a bright June garden, and here in Portland, Oregon, our famous rose gardens are in full bloom while mint seems to have appeared everywhere!
This recipe is for a Rose & Mint Hydration Mist and as Teeneke explains in the video, you could easily customize any of our toners with any tea flavor you like.
How to Make & Customize a Rosemint Hydration Mist
Equipment You’ll Need
- Pot & stove top for heating distillate
- Measuring cups or scale
- Pot or stove top safe beaker
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Total time to make: 30 minutes
Yield: 64 oz or 16 – 4 oz bottles
Suggested packaging: 4oz bottle with a fine mist sprayer
Cost per 2 oz bottle: $1.38
Suggested pricing: $10 – $15
- ½ Gallon Rosewater Toner
- 2 – 4 Peppermint Tea Bags
1. Add ½ gallon of Rosewater Toner to your pot, heat to 180F.
2. Add your peppermint tea bags and let steep 5-15 minutes. The longer you steep the tea, the more refreshing and minty it will be!
3. Remove tea bags and let cool.
Please note that this formula has not been challenge tested for preservation efficacy. If you use this formula for market sales, it is up to you to ensure the safety of the product.
Let us know what combinations you come up with!