Recipe: Winter Lip Serum
Hyaluronic Acid is an amazing humectant able to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This helps to draw moisture into lips for hydration; the castor and plum oils help to keep it there!
Learn more about Hyaluronic Acid in this blog, and watch Teeneke guide us through this recipe step by step below:
Equipment You’ll Need
• Stovetop safe pot or beaker
• Stick blender or high shear mixer
• Measuring cups/spoon or scale
Difficulty Level: Easy
Approximate yield: 1 Pound (16 oz)
Approximate cost per pound: $12.39
Suggested Packaging: 1oz airless pump
Suggested retail price: $15 – $20
Ingredient Lbs Kitchen %
Deionized Water 0.6988 1¼ Cup 69.88
Vegetable Glycerin 0.2329 4 Tbsp 23.28
Hyaluronic Acid Powder 0.0109 2 Tbsp 2.33
Plum Oil 0.0233 2 Tbsp 1.09
Castor Oil 0.0233 2 Tbsp 2.33
Optiphen Plus 0.0109 1 Tsp 1.09
1. Mix water, glycerin, and Optiphen Plus and then heat to 120F – 130F
2. Slowly sprinkle Hyaluronic Acid Powder into the water while mixing with your stick blender or high shear mixer.
3. Add the Castor Oil and Plum Oil and mix again.
4. Pour off into packaging and use anytime. This works especially well under lipstick or lip balm.
Please note that this recipe has not been challenge tested for preservation efficacy. If you use this recipe for market sales, it is up to you to ensure the safety of the product.