Recipe: Pumpkin & Squalane Hair Oil
Pumpkin & Squalane Hair Oil
Dry hair is a common complaint, and issues tend to worsen during the harsh winter weather months. Combat that dry, damaged-looking, staticky hair with this luxurious hair oil recipe! Using lightweight, shine-boosting squalane, rich and nourishing pumpkin seed oil, and luxurious rosehip seed oil, this formula can be customized to compliment any hair type.
This Pumpkin & Squalane Hair Oil delivers shine and helps lock in moisture without leaving hair looking or feeling greasy.
- If you have low porosity hair (hair that is tightly sealed and takes longer to get wet) and need extra moisturization, swap the percentages of the squalane and pumpkin seed oil.
- If your hair is high porosity (with more open cuticles and thus absorbs liquids easily and quickly), consider increasing the ratio of squalane to prevent your hair getting weighed down.
Protect and strengthen hair in the winter with this wonderful, customizable recipe. Add in 1% – 5% essential oils to add your own twist, and consider woodsy and citrus scents to make this into a beard oil.
Ingredients – Pumpkin & Squalane Hair Oil
Squalane – A lightweight, vegan oil that helps seal in moisture. This stable emollient is often used on the skin but excels at smoothing and calming hair of all weights.
Pumpkin Seed Oil – This seasonal favorite is the heaviest oil in this formula, offering superior hydration and shine without weighing hair down.
Vitamin E (non-GMO) – Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and frequently used in oil blends to prevent rancidity. It is a stable oil form derived from sustainably-produced sunflowers. Learn more in our Vitamin E Ingredient Spotlight.
- Scale or measuring spoons
- Glass bowl
- Spoon or whisk
Usage Rates for the Hair Oil
40% Squalane ~13 tbsp ~6.4 oz
30% Pumpkin Seed Oil ~9.6 tbsp ~4.8 oz
30% Rosehip Seed Oil ~9.6 tbsp ~4.8 oz
1% Vitamin E Oil 1 tsp 0.15 oz
Directions – Pumpkin & Squalane Hair Oil
- Measure out ingredients and add to glass bowl
- Stir with whisk or spoon until oils are completely mixed together
- Using the funnel, pour off into packaging
Please note that this recipe has not been challenge tested for preservation efficacy. If you use this recipe for market sales, it is up to you to ensure the safety of the product.