Recipe: How to Make a Ginger & Turmeric Balm
Ginger and turmeric are a powerful combination for healthy looking, even-toned skin. This easy-to-make balm absorbs quickly and leaves skin soft and supple. Follow along in the video and check out written instructions below.
Equipment You’ll Need:
Hot plate or stove top
Stick blender (high sheer blender)
MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) – 0.67 lbs – (67.4723%)
Shea Butter – 0.08 lbs – (8.0564%)
Yellow Beeswax – 0.13 lbs – (13.0916%)
Brassica Glycerides – 0.07 lbs – (7.0493%)
Cocoa Butter – 0.04 lbs – (4.0282%)
Ginger CO2 – 0.001 lbs – (0.1007%)
Turmeric CO2 – 0.002 lbs – (0.2014%)
1. Combine MCT oil, yellow beeswax, brassica glycerides, and cocoa butter and heat on stove top or hot plate until fully melted.
Remove from heat and add shea butter, the residual heat will melt the shea butter.
2. Cool to 105 degrees Fahrenheit, and add ginger CO2 and turmeric CO2.
3. Mix thoroughly and pour into deodorant tubes or large sunstick tubes or jars.
4. Use as needed on dry hands, elbows, knees or any other area.
* Pro tip – Infuse your oil with other complimentary ingredients such as St. John’s wort, arnica, or yarrow to add additional benefits to your balm. Heat oil to 105 degrees and let ingredients steep in oil for 1- 24 hours. Strain the oil with a fine mesh strainer and coffee filter to remove all particulate matter.