Recipe: Don’t Bug Me Skin Balm
This Summer, create an easy and no-mess balm that keeps your family and pets comfortable. It is especially useful if you live close to a lake or pond! The Don’t Bug Me Blend and Lemon Eucalyptus, in addition to Neem Oil, give this balm the power it needs to make sure you’re not bugged when you’re outside! It’s easy to make and the deodorant tube packaging allows you to apply to exposed areas without getting your hands messy or spray on your clothes.
Makes approximately one pound.
Equipment You’ll Need:
- Hot plate or stove top
- Kitchen scale
- Heat-proof glass beaker
- Metal mixing spoon
- 0.64 lbs MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides)
- 0.08 lbs Shea butter
- 0.14 lbs Candelilla wax
- 0.07 lbs Brassica glycerides
- 0.04 lbs Cocoa butter
- 0.03 lbs Neem oil
- 0.002 lbs Don’t Bug Me essential oil
- 0.015 lbs Eucalyptus lemon essential oil
Directions – How to Make a Balm
1. Combine all ingredients and heat on stove top or hot plate until fully melted. Melt all ingredients together – EXCEPT for the essential oils. Mix thoroughly.
2. Once the balm is cooled to trace (about 135F), mix in the essential oils then pour off into deodorant tubes or large sunstick tubes or jars.
3. Use as needed on exposed skin outdoors.