Product Spotlight: CoQ10 Hydrating Cream-to-Gel
CoQ10 Hydrating Cream-to-Gel
We’re excited to let you know about our newest innovative product: CoQ10 Hydrating Cream-to-Gel. A few things make this unusual, so let’s go through the ingredient deck and cover its unique texture and features. This Cream-to-Gel is the kind of product that will stand out in your brand, and we hope you’ll order a sample to experience its amazing feel and benefits.
With only 12 ingredients, this cream packs a punch.
- The star ingredient is Coenzyme Q10, also known as CoQ10: one of the most powerful antioxidants. CoQ10 works in conjunction with Vitamin E for superior antioxidant action with visible results. Learn more about CoQ10 and how it works here.
- Liposomes work in conjunction and help to retain water, contributing to greater moisturization without the greasy feel you might experience other creams.
- Sal Butter, a wonderful butter extracted from the seeds of the Indian Shorea Robusta tree, has similar skin properties as cocoa butter with amazing softening benefits.
- Lactic acid, a wonderful AHA, acts to to exfoliate while also functioning as a biome-loving probiotic and hydrating ingredient. It helps to leave skin soft and looking bright and youthful.
- Astaxanthin is a carotenoid (think Beta-Carotene) that is typically found in red and pink animals such as lobsters, prawns, salmon, and more. It is a remarkable antioxidant. Ours is derived from vegan sources.
- Part of the soft golden color of the cream is derived from USDA Certified Organic Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil, a rich orange antioxidant high in fatty acids that leaves skin feeling luxuriously moisturized. It is one of our favorites and is a star ingredient in our popular and high-end Rejuvenating Skin Oil. You can learn more about this great carrier oil in our blog here.
Feel & Benefits of the CoQ10 Hydrating Cream-to-Gel
Now it’s time to explain the name. This is a thick cream—even turning its jar upside down the product doesn’t budge. However, once you take a small dollop and start rubbing it on your skin, you’ll be amazed at its instant light feel. Instead of the thick cream you might have expected, it turns almost watery and gel-like, covering a good amount of surface area with decent slip and easy, light absorption.
How to Use It
This cream really does stand out upon use, and your customers will be amazed at how hydrated, nourished, and light their skin feels. This feature also helps this cream (and gel) do double duty: it works great as a day cream or a night cream. Some staff here at Essential use it as a day cream, some as a body cream, and some as a makeup primer with a high boost of antioxidants. These antioxidants also make it a great urban “Pollution Defense” cream for city-focused markets.
When designing this product, we wanted to showcase this special texture and great ingredients. It also makes a great companion moisturizer to our new Sunless Tanning Gel. We recommend using light amounts of that gel to add the perfect glow (a little goes a long way) and a few hours later adding this cream-to-gel for hydrated, bronzed skin.
We’d love to hear your feedback on this new cream-to-gel once you’ve had a chance to try it! We always appreciate reading reviews and seeing which ingredients you’re most excited about.