How To Guide: Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum
Hyaluronic Acid is an amazing humectant able to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This helps to draw moisture into the skin leaving you with a dewy, glowing complexion! Read more on Hyaluronic Acid here: http://bit.ly/2TDnbDe
Today let’s make our own Hyaluronic Acid Serum to add moisture and a beautiful, bright complexion to skin of all ages. We particularly like this hyaluronic acid serum recipe because it’s perfect for beginners and is easy to customize. We’d love to see what you do with this DIY formulation and how you make it your own!
Equipment You’ll Need
- Stovetop safe pot or beaker
- Stick blender or high shear mixer
- Measuring cups/spoon or scale
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Approximate yield: 1 Pound
Approximate cost per pound: $2.54
Suggested Packaging: 1oz airless pump
Suggested retail price: $15 – $20
Ingredient Lbs Kitchen % by weight
Deionized Water .9731 2 Cups 97.5
Hyaluronic Acid Powder .0100 1 Tbsp 1
Phenoxyethanol .0100 ½ Tbsp 1
Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate .0050 1 Tsp 0.5
- Heat water to 120F – 130F
- Slowly sprinkle Hyaluronic Acid Powder into the water while mixing with your stick blender or high shear mixer.
- Add Phenoxyethanol and Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate to preserve.
- Use on clean face after toner/astringent. Let absorb into the skin, then apply moisturizer. Please note that this recipe has not been challenge tested for preservation efficacy. If you use this recipe for market sales, it is up to you to ensure the safety of the product.