Recipe: How to Make Fizzing Bath Bombs
Bath bombs have been incredibly popular for several years now, and you can enter the market with a unique and easily-customizable fizzing version of your own! Taking a bath has never been more fun with fizzing bath bombs! Just like those grade school science project volcanoes, citric acid and baking soda make these bath bombs fizz and pop like crazy. Here is an easy recipe you can try out in your home or spa. It’s also a fun and easy recipe to make with kids!
Follow along with Teeneke or jump to written instructions below the video:
Equipment You’ll Need
• Large mixing bowl
• Measuring spoons
• Measuring cups
• 1 cup Baking soda
• 1/2 cup Citric acid
• 1/2 cup Epsom salt (or salt of your choice)
• 2 1/2 tablespoons of Bath & Body Oil (or any of your choice) We also love using Marula oil
• 3/4 tablespoon water or liquid of your choice
• 3/4 tablespoon Vegetable glycerin
• 1/2 teaspoon (2.46 ml) or so of Relaxing Essential Oil Blend, or any of your choice
• Cosmetic, biodegradable Glitter
• Flowers or plant material
• Beet Juice Powder
1. Combine baking soda, citric acid, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add oil, water, glycerin, and essential oil.
3. Add your optional ingredients at this point if you want.
4. Mix thoroughly with hands to make sure liquid and dry ingredients are fully blended. It will look like slightly wet sand.
5. Fill your heart shaped molds with your bath bomb mixture.
6. Place in freezer or refrigerator for 24 hours.
7. Remove from mold and store in a cool, very dry, place.