Foaming Coconut Facial Cleanser Recipe
Finding a gentle and effective facial cleanser that also has great foam and suds can be challenging as surfactants can sometimes irritate skin–enter this Foaming Coconut Facial Cleanser! This cleanser is designed with ultra gentle sodium cocoyl isethionate. This is a fun recipe to make and it makes your skin feel amazingly soft and clean without feeling stripped.
Follow along with Teeneke in the video or jump below to written instructions and links to purchase ingredients!
Equipment You’ll Need
• Stick blender
• Mixing Bowl
Difficulty Level: Easy
Approximate yield: 1 Pound or approximately 5 – 6 – 4oz bottles
Approximate cost per pound: $4.45
Suggested Packaging: 4oz bottle with pump top
Suggested retail price: $15 – $20
• 1 ½ Cup – Deionized Water
• ½ Cup – Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
• 2 Tbsp – Vegetable Glycerin
• 1 Tsp – Natural Coconut Fragrance Oil
• 1 ½ Tsp – Phenoxyethanol
• ½ Tsp – Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
1. Add ingredients to water while mixing with your stick blender.
2. Once fully blended, you will see the water turn clear with a foam head, this is expected. Let sit for 1-2 hours, then blend again,
3. This will create a gentle foaming cleanser that has the consistency of whipped cream or meringue.
4. Let sit for another 24 – 48 hours and mix again or whip with a hand mixer for a fluffier foaming wash. If your wash has become too thick, you may need to thin with more water.
a. Take deionized water and add 1% phenoxyethanol. This will be your preserved water you will use to thin down your wash if needed.
b. Add your preserved water to your foaming wash 1% at a time. Let rest for at least 6 -8 hours and mix again.
c. If needed, add more water following the steps above until you reach the desired consistency.
5. Use anytime you want a gentle foaming face wash!
Please note that this recipe has not been challenge tested for preservation efficacy. If you use this recipe for market sales, it is up to you to ensure the safety of the product. We strongly recommend 3rd party challenge testing.
If you need additional help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-252-9639.