Banana Hair Repair Recipe – It’s Bananas! B*A*N*A*N*A*S!
One of the greatest ingredients for hair repair can be found in your kitchen — bananas! Bananas are rich in potassium to strengthen hair, minimize breakage and restore your hair’s natural elasticity. Bananas also moisturize your hair as they contain beneficial oils and about 75% water. Strong, moisturized hair also is less prone to frizzing and tangling. In addition, the fruit is packed with vitamin A, B6, C, and E, as well as zinc and iron. Here is an easy recipe you can try out in your home or spa.
Equipment You’ll Need
Large Mixing Bowl
1 Ripe Banana
2 Tbsp Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
6-10 drops of the Essential Oil of your choice
- Mash or blend banana thoroughly, very thoroughly. The more “mushy” the easier it is to rinse out.
- Add 2Tbsp of Plain Whole Milk Yogurt and mix thoroughly.
- Add 6-10 drops of Essential Oil and mix again.
- Apply to hair from roots to ends
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes. This masque can be pretty messy so we recommend wearing a plastic cap or covering your hair with plastic wrap.
- Rinse thoroughly.