Rose for Petal Soft Skin
Rose is a classic symbol of love and its unmistakable fragrance fills the air with romance, but roses also have a full bouquet of benefits for the skin. “The sugars and natural oils found in rose petals trap moisture in your skin, making your skin look smoother and softer—just like the beautiful rose petals themselves,” write Deepak Chopra, MD, and Kimberly Snyder, Certified Nutritionist, in Radical Beauty: How to Transform Yourself from the Inside Out. If you’ve ever felt the silky smooth softness of a rose petal, you can feel the promise this delicate flower has for our skin! Essential has lovely formulations using the power of rose to its fullest or you can try your hand at making some of your own rose recipes at home!
Rose Hydrating Facial Mist
This mist can be used as a toner and setting mist under make-up or anytime you need a little extra hydration for your face.
16 oz Rose Distillate
1 tbsp Vegetable Glycerin
1 Chamomile Tea bag
1 Green Tea bag
1 tsp Caprylhydroxamic acid (and) Glyceryl Caprylate (and) Glycerin
- Add 16oz of Rose Distillate and 1 Tbsp of Vegetable glycerin to your pot, mix well, and heat to boil
- Add your chamomile and green tea bags and let steep 5 minutes
- Remove tea bags and add 1tsp of Caprylhydroxamic acid (and) Glyceryl Caprylate (and) Glycerin to preserve and mix well.
Rose Facial Serum
- Heat Rose Distillate to 180F.
- Add OptiMSM to tea and mix until fully dissolved.
- Add Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate and Vegetable Glycerin to tea.
- Grab your stick blender and add Hyaluronic Acid to your tea slowly while constantly mixing. This will increase the viscosity of your tea and create the “serum” consistency.
- Finally, add your Optiphen Plus for preservation and pour off into your packaging.
- Use this serum after cleansing and toning. Apply while face is still wet with toner. After applying, let your skin rest for 1-5 minutes. This allows time for all of these wonderful ingredients to go to work. Apply your facial moisturizer as your final step.
Please note that the recipes included herein have not been challenge tested for preservation efficacy. If you use these recipe for market sales, it is up to you to ensure the safety of the product.
If you need additional help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-252-9639.