Fruit Juice for Healthy Hair and Radiant Skin!
You’ve heard the old adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away,” but did you know that apple and other fruits are just as amazing when applied to skin and hair? While the benefits of fruit for hair and skin are pretty well known, the new trends using fruit juice for DIY hair and skincare is certainly worth paying attention to, and we have been paying attention! After months of experimenting with different fruits, Essential is proud to offer USDA Certified Organic Fruit Powders to our wide selection of natural and organic hair and skincare ingredients. Check out the new fruit powders and try these fun, easy to make recipes!
USDA Certified Organic Banana Fruit Powder
Banana Hair Masque
One of the greatest ingredients for conditioning your hair can be found in your kitchen — bananas! Bananas are rich in potassium to strengthen hair, minimizes breakage and restore your hair’s natural elasticity. Bananas also moisturize your hair and strong, moisturized hair also is less prone to frizzing and tangling. In addition, the fruit is packed with vitamin A, B6, C and E, as well as zinc and iron.
1 Tbsp USDA Certified Organic Banana Fruit Powder
1 Cup Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
6-10 drops of the Essential Oil of your choice
- Add 1 cup of Plain Whole Milk Yogurt and 1 Tbsp of Banana Fruit Powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add 6-10 drops of Essential Oil and mix again.
- Apply to hair from roots to ends
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes. (This masque can be pretty messy, so we recommend wearing a plastic cap, or covering your hair with plastic wrap.)
- Rinse thoroughly and enjoy your soft luscious locks!
USDA Certified Organic Pomegranate Juice Powder
Pom-Cranberry Exfoliating Gel Cleanser
Pomegranate Juice contains punicic acid, an omega 3 fatty acid which is an excellent help for less than perfect skin. Combine that with the anti-oxidant power of cranberry and the gentle exfoliation of Jojoba Wax Beads and you have a simple, yet effective exfoliating gel facial cleanser!
- Add Pomegranate Juice Powder to Ultra Thick Hair and Body Wash to your mixing bowl and stir gently until fully mixed. Avoid rigorous mixing to avoid air bubbles into your new cleanser.
- Add Cranberry Tincture, Jojoba Wax Beads, and Marionberry Fragrance and gently mix again until fully blended.
- If you mixed air into your gel, simply wait 24 hours for it to work its way out. Your gel should be a pale pink color and clear enough to see the beads suspended once all the air is out.
- Pour off into your favorite packaging, we recommend a bottle with a disc cap for easy dispensing.
- Use 2-3 times per week in place of your daily cleanser.
- Follow with toner, serum, and moisturizer.
USDA Certified Organic Apple Fruit Powder
Apple Juice Toner
Apples have a high concentration of vitamins A and C along with potassium and when used as a facial toner, apple juice can soothe and refresh all skin types. Please note: If you have especially dry or sensitive skin, reduce the amount of witch hazel in this recipe.
- Mix together Apple Fruit Powder, Deionized Water, and Witch Hazel
- Apply to clean skin and follow with moisturizer